The Chestnuts is a Multi Award winning 5* Gold Cottage
Nominated as ‘One of the Best Three Holiday Cottages in England‘ and holder of the coveted Visit England Rose award for Outstanding Service and Excellence
- Sleeps 8 in 4 double bedrooms – Current Government Covid-19 laws restrict this to 6 (unless from one household)
- The main lounge has an inglenook fireplace with wood burner, Sony 4K TV with Bluetooth soundbar, DVD player, Bose Bluetooth speaker
- The garden lounge / Movie room, has Sony 4k TV with Bluetooth soundbar & DVD player. It contains a library of books, magazines and board games. This room can also be converted into a fifth private downstairs bedroom just ask for details.
- Chef equipped kitchen with:
- 2 Fridges
- Electric oven
- Induction hob
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Full range of cooking pans, china and cutlery
- Glasses for Champagne to a G & T
- Lavazza Espresso Coffee pod machine
- Digital radio
- Dining room
- Two Double bedrooms with views over the rear garden via the Juliet balconies and King size beds
- Two further double bedrooms
- 3 luxury bathrooms (includes 2 showers, 2 baths, 3 toilets) 1 shower and toilet is downstairs
- Underfloor heating
- Complimentary WiFi
- Private rear garden overlooking the Shilton village ford with places to sit and enjoy a meal, read a book on a lounger or have a drink in the evening sun on the terrace
- Grab rails and a shower seat are present for the less mobile (check if the cottage is suitable for your stay)
- BBQ (charcoal) and BBQ tools
- Landline phone access for incoming and outgoing calls – honesty system
- off-street parking for one car plus plenty of roadside parking with no restrictions
- The Chestnuts is a No Smoking, No Pets Cottage
- In-house massage (by prior arrangement)
- Supermarket Deliveries available
We are really thrilled to have received planning permission for a new Conservatory Room for The Chestnuts. We started work on the project during lockdown and we envisage it will be completed in early 2021.
This area was formally a small patio and flower bed. Work is only taking place when we do not have guests and the area is secured for your safety.
The construction is a combination of old and new methods – utilising the best of both. Only the door from the kitchen to the patio will be closed during this time. Please do ask for more information if you would like to.
Below are more pictures of the Chestnuts and its garden
Or why not take a walk through The Chestnuts here:
What guests say:
“Thank you for creating The Chestnuts as the most perfect holiday cottage.
The family consisted of great granny (85) down to baby Jasper (2 months), Mum and Dad, Grandma and Grandad and single uncle – who loved the BOSE sound system. As we prepared for a family wedding, Mum was able to make the wedding cake, Grandma loved the incredibly well equipped kitchen, uncle was impressed with the BBQ and the two year old appreciated the books and toys. Whenever we looked for something that you would have at home our comment was ‘this is the sort of cottage where they would have thought of that’ Examples included Grandma looking for a radio in the kitchen (I always listen to Women’s hour when cooking) which of course there was, to the last minute panic of getting ready for the wedding and needing safety pins (naturally they were there and easily found). Great showers, fabulous products in the bathrooms, gorgeous fluffy robes, comfy beds and sumptuous pillows. I think you may have worked out that we loved The Chestnuts and we would love to come back.”